Monday, May 5, 2008

An Englishman in Pleasantville...

I was sporting my brand new Arsenal jacket on my short walk to work after parking my car this morning and passed exactly one person on the way, who by chance it turns out, is an Arsenal fan who just arrived here from England.

He stops me.
(Insert English accent) "Excuse me, can I ask you something?"
"Sure."
"Are you an Arsenal fan?"
"Yes. Yes I am."
He smiles wide. "Well so am I. I'm just here from England."
"Well isn't that something" I say.
"Yes, isn't that something" he beams.
We stand there for a moment, nodding at this remarkable chance meeting...
"Well, have a fantastic day" he says.
"Yes, you too."
And we went our separate ways.

In other news:
Looks like Fla-money is gone - off to Milan.
Sorry to see him go but the heart/wallet wants what the heart/wallet wants...

No comments: