Friday, April 3, 2009

He's Back! The Return of Fabregas


"It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you
Without a strong rhyme to step to
Think of how many weak shows you slept through
Time's up, I'm sorry I kept you"

–Eric B and Rakim "I Know You Got Soul"

Fabregas returns tomorrow against Man City.
It's been a long time.
And you can't say we haven't slept through some pretty damn weak shows in his absence.

Sure, we've picked up the pace over the last month.
In fact, we're unbeaten in 16.
But all that matters now is the one match before us.

The international break has not been kind to Van Persie, Eduardo and Diaby–they'll all be sidelined due to injury.

Nasri's got the flu.

But Fab's back.

Theo's back.

And Adebayor will likely lead the line up front, possibly paired with big, bad Bendtner.

I don't want to pile expectations too heavy on Fab's shoulders.
As Arsene says, he needs games now.
Well sir, here you go–here's eight, and a crack at Champion's League glory and the FA Cup.

I'm sure he's spitting mad to get going.
Like a pent-up spanish bull about to be unleashed.

Excuse me as I wipe the drool from my chin.

I was just thinking about Fabregas, Arshavin, Nasri, and Walcott, all on the same field at the same time.

We'll have to wait for that one.

But it's a quarter after midnight here in New York so technically, Arsenal plays today.

Let's go Gunners. 

No comments: