Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Late, Late, Late Show...


Unbelievable comeback.
And to think I almost missed it.
The match wasn't televised here so I was watching a spanish streaming video channel on my laptop (thanks for the link, Danny).

By halftime, Arsenal were losing 2-0 to a Bolton team who hasn't lost at home to Arsenal since 2002.
And Arsenal were playing a man down after a deserved red card sent Diaby off.
And they were playing in the driving rain.
I must admit, I was sure I was watching the horrible end and I turned the match off to get on with my day.

But something made me turn it back on.
It looked like more of the same at the restart.
That's when Wenger decided the only way back was through all-out attack.
In the 60th minute, off came Bendtner and Senderos, and on came Walcott and Adebayor.
10 minutes later, the match was tied.
Remarkable in itself, we all knew a tie wasn't good enough.
It would take every ounce of effort and a little bit of luck, but somehow in the 90th minute, a Fabregas shot bounced off a Bolton player and into the goal and the unbelievable comeback was complete.

Absolutely brilliant and just what we need going into the CL this week against Liverpool.
So proud of the fight they showed today.

No comments: